NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills
Fundamental Movement Skills are very important to a child’s physical development. When confident and competent in these skills, children can develop sport-specific and complex movement skills. These skills allow children to enjoy sports and physical activities. Most importantly, with a firm grasp of the Fundamental Movement Skills a child may enjoy a long life of physical activity.
The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Fundamental Movement Skills workshop, presented by TeamSnap, provides a comprehensive introduction to the Fundamental Movement Skills and the core-competencies of the NCCP, with the help of significant hands-on activities.
Through this interactive workshop, participants gain the ability to:
- Detect and correct basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle;
- Apply a teaching process to promote the development of fundamental movement skills;
- Adapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory, or behavioural disabilities;
- Lead activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with others; and
- Provide stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participants.
To enroll or to learn more about an upcoming workshop contact your local Provincial/ Territorial Coaching Representative! Find out more about physical literacy, who should take the fundamental movement skills workshop or for more information, please consult the FAQs.