A Registered Coach license tells employers, participants, and parents that you are committed to excellence in coaching. When you obtain your Registered Coach license, you are recognized as a coach who been screened, reference checked, and who has signed a Code of Conduct.
Obtaining your Registered Coach license:
- Demonstrates you are an ethical coach
- Grants you the right to use Registered Coach after your name
- Connects you with other professional coaches
- Gives you access to health and dental benefits, professional insurance, access to legal support, and more
ChPC or Registered Coach?
"ChPC" is a professional designation with requirements in three areas: education, experience, and ethics. The Registered Coach license includes meeting only these ethics requirements:
Some National Sport Organizations require a ChPC designation to coach at National Championships.
How to Apply
To obtain and maintain a Registered Coach license, you must:
- Submit a recent and valid Criminal Record Check and two references. References are accepted from your National Sport Organization (NSO), Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (PTSO), Local Sport Organization (LSO), or a ChPC in good standing.
- Complete the online application in the Locker.
- Declare your Ethical Conduct and sign the license agreement.
- Complete the CAC Safe Sport Training or equivalent
- Pay the required fees.