Take the Safe Sport Training
Whether you are directly involved with athletes or play another role in national sport, the CAC’s Safe Sport Training will give you the tools to recognize, prevent and address maltreatment in sport.
Support for Sport Partners
The CAC’s Safe Sport Training gives sport organizations the curriculum, tracking tools and marketing support to create and maintain maltreatment-free sports environments.
Be Informed: Safe Sport Training
Learn more about the CAC’s Safe Sport Training and why it matters to parents, members of the media, and those who have an interest in keeping sports a positive experience for all.
It’s everyone’s responsibility
The Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport calls for all sporting environments to be free from physical, sexual and psychological abuse. The Safe Sport Training module aligns with those values. It equips coaches, administrators and others to make decisions that promote athletes’ physical and mental wellbeing and empowers sporting organizations to foster a culture that contributes to athlete success.
Take the Safe Sport Training
Safe, inclusive sport environments help make sport rewarding and enriching for all. Safe Sport Training gives you the knowledge and skills to create those environments by recognizing, addressing and preventing maltreatment in sport.
If you have been asked to complete the Coaching Association of Canada’s Safe Sport Training, you will find the information you need about what’s involved and how to begin. Our Training is available free of charge through our online portal, the Locker.
Who’s required to take safe sport training?
As of April 1, 2020, all Sport Canada-funded organizations are mandated to have training in safe sport available to everyone under their immediate authority including:
- Decision-makers: Senior staff, High-performance directors, Case managers, Adjudicators, Investigators, Operational board members;
- Those with direct athlete contact: National team athletes, Parents of junior athletes, Coaches, High-performance staff, National Training Centre, Nationally appointed coach developers, Integrated support team personnel [mental, strength and conditioning, nutrition, physio, massage, etc.], Contractors, Officials;
- Those with no direct athlete contact: Organizing committee members, Administration/finance staff, Governance committee members, Judicial boards, Governance board members, Event volunteers, Office staff.
Your sport organization may have also requested that you complete this training to comply with its own policies. Check with your organization to confirm.
What are the benefits and how do I access the Safe Sport Training?
With Safe Sport Training from the Coaching Association of Canada, you get:
- A complete 90-minute program of safe sport training at no cost
- eLearning that works with all computer operating systems, mobile phones, tablets and other devices
- Training in your choice of English or French
- Online training that’s compliant with accessibility standards
- Professional development points for certified coaches
To get started, login to your Locker account and select Safe Sport Training. If you don’t already have a Locker account, it’s easy to register:
1. Go to the Locker and click “Don’t have an NCCP#? Create one now!”
3. Click the “I want to create a Locker account box, fill in the required fields and click “Register”.
4. Follow the instructions in the verification email you receive.