The NCCP Performance Planning module allows coaches to reflect on the structure of a yearly plan and appropriately sequence training and development priorities so as to achieve peak performance in their athletes.
This module is an ideal follow-up to the NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program module. It is recommended that coaches take both the NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program and the NCCP Developing Athletic Abilities modules before taking the NCCP Performance Planning module.
After completing the NCCP Performance Planning module, you will be able to:
- perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (high performance) level;
- outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities;
- identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within our own program;
- integrate yearly training priorities into your own program;
- organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations; and
- evaluate the ability of your athletes or team to perform up to their potential in competition.
Note: this module includes a two-hour pre-workshop session.
How to Register
This NCCP module is delivered through your Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives. Choose your region from the menu on the right of this page to check availability.