The goal of the NCCP Psychology of Performance module is to support coaches in developing mental skills in their day-to-day practice as a coach.
*Note: There are similarities between this module and the NCCP Basic Mental Skills module. While the NCCP Basic Mental Skills module provides an overview to mental skill development and application, this module covers the knowledge of mental skill development at a deeper level and provides more opportunities for coaches to practise. Both modules follow a similar structure, yet they cover different depths of applying the development of mental skills.
- Identify the focus skills that will help athletes achieve their goals in training and in competition
- Train athletes in the focus skills that will help them achieve their goals in training and in competition
- Work with athletes or teams to identify appropriate outcome, performance and process goals
- Use debriefing skills to work with athletes and assess their performance in training and in competition
Training for the NCCP Psychology of Performance module takes approximately 7.5 hours and it covers 7 topics:
- Overview of key mental skills
- Setting goals
- Debriefing performance
- Planning for mental skill development
Once you have completed the workshop, credit for the module will appear in your coach transcript in the Locker.
Professional Development (PD) Points Towards Maintenance of Certification
The NCCP Psychology of Performance module provides the opportunity for certified coaches to earn 5 PD points in the NCCP Maintenance of Certification program.
How to Register
This NCCP module is delivered through your Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives. Choose your region from the menu on the right of this page to check availability.