After completing the NCCP Teaching and Learning module, you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching
- analyze certain coaching situations to see if they promote learning
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive, and motor dimensions of learning the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
How to Register
This NCCP module is delivered through your Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives. Choose your region from the menu on the right of this page to check availability.