The NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport module introduces new or experienced coaches to the foundational skills in coaching, such as long-term athlete development, ethics, coaching motivation, and athlete safety and wellness. It will also introduce coaches to the NCCP - valuable tool for preparing a coach’s first in-person NCCP workshop.
The module is also an important introduction to the key coaching concepts and educational tools that are the foundation of the NCCP. It is an excellent information resource for coaches that they can revisit at any time.
NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport is a valuable resource for:
- parents who are new to coaching;
- new coaches;
- experienced coaches who are new to the NCCP;
- athletes transitioning to coaching;
- experienced NCCP coaches who need professional development or a refresh of the fundamental program principles; and
- sport administrators who work with the NCCP and coach development.
Please note: all ringette coaches must complete this module prior to taking any other NCCP community sport-specific workshops.
Baseball Coaches: to take the Coach Initiation in Baseball module, which you must complete before taking any other NCCP baseball clinics, click here to head to the Baseball Canada page! Baseball coaches must take the Coach Initiation in Baseball sport-specific resource and cannot substitute the Coach Initiation in Sport module.
How to Register
This NCCP module is available online through the Locker at a cost of $15.