The NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport module introduces new or experienced coaches to the foundational skills of coaching, such as long-term athlete development, ethics, coaching motivation, and athlete safety and wellness. It also teaches the key coaching concepts and educational tools that are the foundation of the NCCP.
The CAC is proud to present this module in partnership with Decathlon Canada, a retailer and creator of sports gear, apparel and experiences. This partnership will empower coaches with knowledge and skills to enhance the experience of all participants in sport.
NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport is a valuable resource for:
- parents who are new to coaching;
- new coaches;
- experienced coaches who are new to the NCCP;
- athletes transitioning to coaching;
- experienced NCCP coaches who need professional development or a refresh of the fundamental program principles; and
- sport administrators who work with the NCCP and coach development.
Ringette Coaches must complete this module prior to taking any other NCCP community sport-specific workshops.
Baseball Coaches are asked to complete the Coach Initiation in Baseball module prior to any other NCCP baseball clinics. Click here to head to the Baseball Canada page! Baseball coaches must take the Coach Initiation in Baseball sport-specific resource and cannot substitute the Coach Initiation in Sport module.
How to Register