We have made the difficult yet calculated decision to proceed with a virtual 2020 Petro-Canada™ Sport Leadership sportif Conference (SLS20) and Sport Leadership Awards Gala. We feel this is the right decision for our partners and stakeholders at this time, in light of the ongoing uncertainty and movement restrictions that remain in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
SLS20 will be a complimentary event.
We are excited about the opportunities this new challenge presents, including the opportunity for more delegates from across Canada to access and benefit from the rich learning and content at SLS, with no budgetary or travel constraints. Registration details are forthcoming, but please note the event will take place Wednesday, November 4 – Friday, November 6.
As the conference was originally scheduled to take place at the Fairmont le Château Frontenac in Québec City, we want to thank our partners at Québec City Business Destination for their ongoing support.
The theme for the 2020 conference is Courage by Design.
- Courage is a journey. To be great leader is to have courage to embrace a world of constant change, and still be great in the here and now.
- Courage is intentional. It requires purposeful planning, commitment to action, and the willful advancement of growth and development by accepting failure as part of the journey.
- Courage is demonstrated through action. To lead or follow with courage requires determination, compassion, and consistent practice.
Despite the new format, SLS20 promises to:
- Educate delegates through collaborative and quality breakout sessions with tangible takeaway skills;
- Inspire delegates with topical and respected keynote speakers;
- Unite colleagues from sport organizations and energize and broaden potential networks of interest; and
- Recognize and celebrate Canada’s top coaches at the Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala.
Our sport community encompasses daring leaders and courageous change makers. We witness thoughtful acts of inclusivity, resilience, self-care and collaboration, and these examples of deliberate action challenge us to rethink our own behaviours and assumptions.
For growth to continue we need to open ourselves to vulnerability. A more diverse and inclusive structure for all participants must be established at home, in our boardrooms, on our fields of play, and in our locker rooms. Through a series of engaging keynote presentations, breakout sessions and networking opportunities, delegates will be motivated to consider how their intentional acts of courage, inclusivity, and resilience can shape positive change.
Join your fellow sport leaders in celebrating moments of courage witnessed in 2020, and collectively committing to design and inspire future acts of courageous leadership in our sport community.
Please direct any questions related to the event to Karlen Herauf, CAC Events Manager.
About the conference
The Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference is Canada's largest conference for coaches, researchers, sport executives, and administrators. Annually, the event gathers more than 500 delegates for three days of learning, professional development, and networking with the top minds and leaders of sport, business, and education communities in Canada.