The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) is seeking hosts for the 2024 and 2025 Petro-Canada™ Sport Leadership sportif conferences.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to indicate interest in submitting a proposal. The deadline for proposals is June 30, 2023.
2023 Petro-Canada™ Sport Leadership sportif conference
November 2 – 3, 2023 – Calgary, Alberta
The Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference (#SLS23) is Canada’s largest conference for coaches, researchers, sport executives, and administrators. It consists of learning, professional development, and networking with the top minds and leaders of the Canadian sport, business, and education communities. We are excited to welcome delegates from across the country to join us from November 2 – 3 at the Westin Calgary Hotel.
The conference will strengthen leadership in the Canadian sport system with the following objectives:
- Educate delegates through collaborative and quality breakout sessions with tangible take-away skills;
- Inspire delegates with topical and respected keynote speakers;
- Unite colleagues from sport organizations and energize and broaden potential networks of interest; and
- Recognize and celebrate Canada’s top coaches at the Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Theme of the 2023 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference: MENTAL HEALTH IS OUR SPORT
While we have celebrated the resilience, courage, and empathy within the world of sport during the pandemic, we now must turn our focus to the mental health of our coaches, participants, athletes, and sport leaders. In 2022, the CAC received a 2.8M grant from the Public Health Agency of Canada to address this national priority. This investment sets the groundwork for improving mental health literacy and coach self-care in 2023. When empowered with the tools and confidence to integrate positive mental health practices into our roles, we can take a collective approach to prioritizing mental health. Together, we can support the well-being of everyone in our sport community.
The 2023 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference is an opportunity for us to focus on:
- Creating an environment which elevates and normalizes mental health conversations
- Empowering our delegates in their roles to have a positive impact on sport throughout the country
- Promoting the importance of self-care
- Creating safe, inclusive spaces
- Building a community of champions for mental health through the power of sport
Our priority is to ensure a safe return to modified conference activities to engage our delegates in a successful event. As such, we are continuing to assess the structure and timing of activities, workshops, networking and ultimately the celebration of Canada’s great coaches and sport leaders.
Interested in Sponsorship Opportunities?
The CAC provides sponsorship opportunities in 4 categories:
- Goal: To be recognized as a supporter of learning and skill development within the sport industry.
- Examples: Plenary and breakout sessions.
- Goal: To create a memorable opportunity for members of the sport industry to interact with your brand and each other.
- Examples : Welcome Reception, Coaches Lounge, Conference Recess, Awards Gala –After-party, coffee break stations.
- Goal: To demonstrate the value offering of your company to stakeholders and potential new clients in the sport industry.
- Examples: Tradeshow booth, onsite contest.
- Goal: To increase recognition and knowledge of your brand within the sport industry.
- Examples: Conference Wi-Fi, social media contest, virtual delegate bag, simultaneous translation.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Evelyn Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our SLS23 partners!
Thank you to our Awards and Trophy provider!