These resources are based on Public Health of Canada guidelines to prevent infection and reduce risk of spread of COVID-19. They are not intended to overrule or contradict Provincial or Territorial Public Health guidelines or sport-specific guidelines.
Sport organizations and coaches should return to in-person sport only when appropriate jurisdictional government authorities confirm it is safe to do so.
Tips for Leading a Safe Return to Sport
- Physical considerations
- Psychosocial considerations
- Supporting participants’ return to sport after COVID-19
- Attitudes about returning to sport
- Communicating with parents and guardians
- Creating a safe and inclusive virtual environment
- NCCP ADAPTIVE technique during COVID-19
- Coaching Through COVID webinar series
- Rule of Two in a virtual environment
Resources for Sport Leaders and Administrators
Email alerts: Sport leaders and administrators are advised to consult the advice of the Sport Medicine Advisory Committee. The committee releases updates every 48 hours via email. You can subscribe for updates here or follow Own the Podium on Twitter.
- Public Health agencies: The Public Health Agency of Canada continues to assess the situation related to COVID-19 as new information becomes available. Updates can be found at: