This workshop provides trained or certified NCCP Competitive Coach coaches with advanced training in daily, weekly and annual planning for athletes that are entering the stages of their careers where sport and position specialization is beginning. This workshop is ideal for coaches with previous experience and high performance athletes wanting to becomie involved with high performance coaching. Coaches typically work with Late Competitive Foundations athletes who have expeirence at both provincial and national level competitions.
Through a mix of group discussions and individual program planning, this workshop focuses on:
- Developing a coaching philosophy that will create a program environment that is coach driven and athlete centered;
- Developing a strong understanding of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) and how it relates to your athletes;
- Developing sequenced practice plans linking to your overall weekly objectives and annual plan;
- Learning how to integrate sport science, skill, and tactical development into an annual periodized plan;
- Application of the Water Polo Canada technical and tactical matrix through game planning, seasonal planning, and periodization;
- • Developing tools and metrics to formerly review and analyze various plans (i.e. game, weekly, and annual plans).
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is ideal for coaches with previous coaching experience and transitioning high performance athletes wanting to become involved with high performance coaching. Coaches typically work with Late Competitive Foundations athletes who have experience at both provincial and national level competitions. These athletes would be competing in the 16 and under National League.
This training is also relevant to coaches who are working with athletes aged 15 and older in the Competitive for Life stream and who are competing in the Provincial league and not the National League.
PREREQUISITES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
It is recommended that coaches are certified in the Competitive Coach context. Coaches will need to submit an application through Water Polo Canada. This workshop will only be offered once per year at the Annual Growth and Leadership Summit.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Fees will range between $900 and $1,200 and will vary based on the location of the Annual Growth and Leadership Summit and the number of coaches. Fees will include training and evaluation costs, accommodations, meals, and Summit registration fees.