The Women in Coaching Canada Games Apprenticeship Program is a partnership between the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives (PTCRs), the Canada Games Council (CGC), and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). This program provides the opportunity for each province and territory to send two women coaches to the Canada Games in apprenticeship roles.
The CGC, the CAC, and PTCRs strongly believe that the apprenticeship program is an essential part of the development of a coach. Furthermore, apprenticeship programs can be used as a means to build capacity in underrepresented populations in coaching, such as women and Indigenous coaches.
The purpose of the Canada Games Apprenticeship Program is to provide women coaches with a practical and integrated major national multi-sport games experience. Selected coaches have direct involvement in preparation and competition and receive support from an identified mentor coach throughout the duration of the program.
February 18 – March 5, 2023
Submit an Expression of Interest:
Contact your Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (P/TSO) and ask them to complete the Letter of Support
Fill out the online Public Interest form, and attach the P/TSO Letter of Support
Public Interest Form Opens: October 8, 2021
Public Interest Form Closes: November 12, 2021
You will be contacted by your Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representative (P/TCR). The P/TCR will contact the P/TSO to complete the full application.
August 6 – 21, 2022
2022 Apprentice Coaches
- Chelsea Ross, Rugby, Alberta
- Charlotte Farran, Triathlon, Alberta
- Jess Tang, Wrestling, British Columbia
- Haley Bennett, Swimming, British Columbia
- Tanya Thompson, Volleyball, Manitoba
- Taryn Rampling, Swimming, Manitoba
- Bailey Andrews, Rugby, New Brunswick
- Joni Colwell, Athletics, New Brunswick
- Hannah Jardine, Basketball, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Emily Parsons, Rowing, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Alexa Davis, Lacrosse, Nova Scotia
- Edwina Renaux, Swimming (Special Olympics), Nova Scotia
- Soumya Singhal Routery, Wrestling, Northwest Territories
- Beverley Netusil, Volleyball, Nunavut
- Caitlin Beresford, Rowing, Ontario
- Gabrielle Whitlock, Triathlon, Ontario
- Lauren Clark, Soccer, Prince Edward Island
- Jordanne Buote, Rowing, Prince Edward Island
- Kaitlyn Fournier, Soccer, Québec
- Dorothée Chouinard, Triathlon, Québec
- Madeline Humbert, Basketball, Saskatchewan
- Marit Neff, Athletics, Saskatchewan
- Samantha Samuelson, Soccer, Yukon
For more information on the Canada Games Apprenticeship Program, contact your P/TCR.