OTTAWA, ON (October 21, 2021) – The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021-2022 National Sport Organization (NSO) Grants.
The CAC offers grants to National Sport Organizations (NSOs) that organize and operate programs and initiatives that provide opportunities for coaches. The initiatives supported by the 2021-2022 NSO Grant funding have a common goal of increasing the diversity of the coaching population, ensuring the sport community and sport environments are inclusive and accessible, and that the opportunities for coaches are equitable.
In 2019, the CAC conducted a study on coaching diversity and inclusion initiatives launched by NSOs. The goal of this research was to identify how the CAC could best support their NSO partners in achieving our collective goals for equity in coaching. In response, the CAC expanded the NSO Grant program to increase support and resources available for program development and implementation.
The CAC is pleased to support the initiatives of the ten recipients of the 2021-2022 NSO Grants: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
- Athletics Canada, Coaching with a Disability
- Badminton Canada, Apprentice Coach Pre-Olympic Training Camp
- Biathlon Canada, 2021-22 Women in Coaching Mentorship Program
- Canada Basketball, Maritime Women’s Basketball Association Coaching Program
- Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association/Boccia Canada, Boccia Coach Mentoring and Support Group
- Curling Canada, Women in Curling Leadership – Community Practice Leader
- Football Canada, Black Football Coaches of Canada Mentorship Program
- Judo Canada, Online Adapted Judo Coaching Course
- Rowing Canada Aviron, Para Rowing Coach Mentorship and Education Developing Program
- Taekwondo Canada, Women in Coaching Mentorship
About the Coaching Association of Canada
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
Manager, Marketing and Communications
Coaching Association of Canada
613-2350-5000 ext. 2353