This workshop will give you all of the tools you need to hit the ice with confidence as a first-time ringette coach.
Over the course of 10 hours, this in-class and on-ice workshop will help you:
- Understand the level of athlete you are coaching (typically children from U9 to U12);
- Equip you with the basic tools to plan safe, fun, and effective practices;
- Show you how to teach basic ringette skills in a fun and inclusive way.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
- Anyone with limited or basic ringette experience who wants to get involved at the community level to coach;
- Parents/guardians volunteering with their child’s ringette program;
- Coaches of recreational ringette.
WHO WOULD YOU COACH?
You would coach players with little to no previous ringette experience – typically children in the FUNdamentals and/or Learn to Train stages of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD).