The focus of this workshop is on teaching the coach how to prepare a team to compete in regional/provincial level competition. Coaches will learn how to plan and execute a safe and effective practice, to teach advanced technical (brushing and delivery) and strategic skills, and how to analyze a skill and apply corrective drills. Coaches who take this two-day workshop will earn credit towards their Competition Coach Training.
Topics covered in the Competition Coach workshop:
- Teaching & learning strategies
- Strategy & tactics
- Delivery and brushing skills
- Skill analysis
- Practice planning, including safety and EAP (emergency action plan)
- Drills to correct
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is ideal for coaches preparing players to compete in regional and provincial level competitions. Coaches can begin their training in the Competition Stream (i.e. the Community Sport stream is not a prerequisite), however coaches need to have a good understanding of the game and technical skills. In order for a coach to be deemed “certified” the coach must undergo a mandatory evaluation.
PREREQUISITES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Make Ethical Decisions (training not required, but highly recommended)
- Successful Competition Coach Curling Evaluation (video or in-person)
- Successful Make Ethical Decisions Evaluation (online evaluation)
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Check with your Provincial/Territorial Curling Association (fees vary by province/territory)