Learn to plan and teach fundamental skills and concepts appropriate for athletes in the Learn to Train stage (ages 8-11 females/9-12 males) of athlete development in this 2.5 day, in-class and in the gym, workshop
This 2.5 day workshop provides an exceptional foundation for your coaching career and introduces new coaching methods that will enhance both your coaching and your program’s effectiveness.
Through a mix of classroom and hands-on learning in the gym, this workshop focuses on:
- Developing a strong understanding of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) and how it relates to your athletes;
- How to break down and teach fundamental basketball concepts (including: shooting, loading, dynamic warm-ups, 1-second advantage, spacing, footwork, and error detection/correction);
- How to load a basketball skill and drill;
- Developing an effective practice plan;
- “Make Ethical Decisions” – a powerful six-step decision-making process for every coach and an NCCP requirement for all sports.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
- Coaches working with competitive youth players in the Learn to Train stage of LTAD;
- Coaches looking to enhance their knowledge and effectiveness coaching youth;
- Coaches looking to augment their coaching knowledge by acquiring a ‘games approach’ to drills and an understanding of this age group.
WHO WOULD YOU COACH?
You would coach house league to competitive players in the Learn to Train stage of LTAD (athletes aged 10-16 depending on their development/experience).