OTTAWA, ON, August 18, 2023 – The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022-2023 National Sport Organization (NSO) Equity Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Grants.
The CAC offers grants to NSOs that organize and operate programs and initiatives that provide opportunities for coaches. The initiatives supported by the 2023-2024 NSO Grant funding have a common goal of increasing the diversity of the coaching population, ensuring the sport community and sport environments are inclusive and accessible, and that the opportunities for coaches are equitable.
In 2019, the CAC conducted a study on coaching diversity and inclusion initiatives launched by NSOs. The goal of this research was to identify how the CAC could best support their NSO partners in achieving our collective goals for equity in coaching. In response, the CAC expanded the NSO Grant program to increase support and resources available for program development and implementation.
The CAC is pleased to support the initiatives of the ten recipients of the 2023-2024 NSO Grants: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
- Canadian Blind Sports Association, Coach Mentorship - Junior Goalball
- Curling Canada, Women Curling Coaches Rock
- Gymnastics Canada, C2C: Coach to Coach Mentor Program
- Karate Canada, Changing the NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Game
- Orienteering Canada, NCCP Program for New Provincial Organization
- Raquetball Canada, Female Coach Apprentice Program
- Speed Skating Canada, Female Coach Group Mentorship Program
- Triathlon Canada, Female Development Coach Support to attend Jr. National Development Camp
- Biathlon Canada, Women in Biathlon Mentorship & Coach Experience Program
- Special Olympics Canada, NextGen Coaching Apprentice Program
About the Coaching Association of Canada
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches. For more information, please visit www.coach.ca, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Manager, Marketing and Communications