This 12-to15-hour weekend workshop will show coaches how to help participants continue their love of the sport and learn more sport specific skills. Participants will leave the course with a coaching toolbox filled with drills, skills, and positions.
This clinic will give you all the tools you need to hit the field with confidence as a community softball coach. Over the course of 15 hours, this in-class and in-gym/on-field clinic will help you:
- Understand the needs of the players you are coaching (typically ages 10-18);
- Plan effective practices and lead your team in safe, age appropriate activities;
- To properly teach fundamental softball skills (throwing/receiving, fielding, hitting, bunting, baserunning, sliding, and pitching) and position-specific skills;
- Apply an ethical decision-making process to situations that may arise during your season;
- Prepare your team for game situations using basic defensive and offensive strategies with an understanding of the rules of the game.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLINIC?
This clinic is for coaches working with players who are participating in softball for fun, fitness, skill development, and social interaction in a recreational environment. Coaches typically work with players in the FUNdamentals, Learn to Train, and/or Active for Life stages of Softball’s Long-term Player Development (LTPD) model. Coaches generally have some coaching or softball experience but may also be new to coaching or softball.
PREREQUISITES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
No prerequisites. This clinic can be an entry point for coach education and training in softball’s NCCP or it can build on the training from the Community Sport – Initiation Learn to Coach Clinic.
Note : Please check with your provincial/territorial softball association to find out if the Community Sport Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation and/or the Respect in Sport online training are also required.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
$65-$125 (fees vary by province/territory)