- 1 ½ cup fruit (1 banana, 1 cup frozen mango)
- 1 ½ cup 100% fruit and vegetable juice
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 cup vegetables (spinach or canned pumpkin)
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt (or cottage cheese)
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon flax or hemp
- Antioxidant boost: 1 tsp ginger or cinnamon
- For a Protein Boost add ½ cup Skim Milk Powder!
Makes 2 500ml servings
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Calories: 540
Sport Benefits: Great for Pre-Exercise or add ½ cup skim milk powder for a perfect post recovery snack, providing the right mix of carbs and proteins and chalked full of antioxidants for an immune booster! The added flax gives a dose of essentials Omega 3s. While flax provides fiber, you may want to skip this if choosing it as a pre-workout snack and sub with hemp instead!
Recipe by: Angela Dufour, MEd, RD, CSSD, Performance Dietitian