- 80g (½ cup) of gelatin powder
- 1½ Cup vitamin C enriched juice such as Ribena or use 1,000 mg of vitamin C
Makes eight 1” blocks
- Bring 1½ cup of Ribena® to a boil.
- Add the hot juice to the gelatin and whisk until dissolved
- Pour gelatin mixture into molds or an 8” square pan
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Cut into 8-10 pieces
- Eat one piece 30- 60min before training
NUTRITION INFORMATION FOR 1/8 RECIPE
- Calories 112
- Carbohydrate: 20.2g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Fat: 0g
Sport Benefits: Including gelatin in a rehab program or consuming gelatin 30-60 minutes before training is thought to improve collagen synthesis (makes ligaments, bones, and tendons stronger), prevent injury, and accelerate return to play after injury to bone, tendon, ligament, and cartilage.
Recipe By: Dr. Keith Barr