Mentorship is a proven strategy in the recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of women in the workforce. With the support of Sport Canada funding and the federal government priority of gender equity in sport by 2035, the Coaching Association of Canada is enhancing its existing Women in Coaching program to include the Black Female Coach Mentorship Program and the Enhanced Female Mentorship program.
Black Female Coach Mentorship Program
The Black Canadian Coaches Association (BCCA) is pleased to announce the launch of the Black Female Coach Mentorship Program (BFCMP). In partnership with the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC), the pilot mentorship program seeks to create equitable opportunities for Black female coaches in Canada.
The Black Female Coach Mentorship Program focuses on three main objectives:
- Providing Black female mentorship;
- Advancing coach professionalization amongst both program mentor and mentees; and
- Providing a sustainable model of formalized mentorship that increases accessibility, support, and leadership development for Black female coaches in sport.
- Christa Eniojukan
- Cheryl Jean-Paul
- Chantique Carey-Payne
- Tara Mrakic
- Leslie Estwick, ChPC
- Safiya Muharuma
- Shauna Bookal
- Joanna Alphonso
- Tenicha Gitten
- Tasia Mckenna, ChPC
- Joely Christian
- Dee Channer
Enhanced Female Mentorship Program
The Enhanced Female Mentorship Program will allow CAC to expand its contribution to female high-performance coaches by enhancing the development of select female mentee coaches through the support of a distinguished female mentor.
- Support the leadership development of selected female mentee coaches
- Support mentors through a community of practice led by a female lead mentor
- Build a network of female mentor and mentee coaches, and build capacity in the sport community
- Allison McNeill, ChPC
- Brenda Willis, ChPC
- Carol Love, ChPC
- Cindy Tye
- Erin McAleenan, ChPC
- Séverine Tamborero, ChPC
- Shannon Miller
All questions regarding the Enhanced Female Mentorship Program can be directed to Andrea Johnson, Project Coordinator, Diversity & Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.