- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Makes 15-20 1” balls
- Place coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, banana, lentils, and honey into a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scrape down the sides and pulse again. Transfer to a bowl using a spatula.
- Stir in chocolate chips and oil until fully incorporated. Stir in the coconut flour until fully combined.
- Roll into bite-size balls, about 1 tablespoon (15 mL) in size. Cover and refrigerate or freeze for 5-10 minutes.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge to snack on during the week or freeze for later.
Quick tip: Coconut flour can be subbed with almond flour. Stir in enough flour as needed to easily roll the balls.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER BITE)
- Calories 60
- Carbohydrates 6 g
- Protein 1 g
- Fat 4 g
- Fiber 2 g
Sport Benefits: Athletes can take 3-4 of these during long training sessions or eat them as a snack with a piece of fruit. Easy to make and no baking skills required! Even if they don’t actually make it into balls, you can still scoop and go!
Recipe by Canadian Lentils.