• 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil or other neutral cooking oil
• 1/4 Medium onion sliced or diced
• ½ Medium carrots spiralized and chopped or grated
• ½ cup green onion sliced diagonally (green part only)
• 1 ½ cups baby spinach
• 7 oz Soft vacuum-packed Udon noodles 400g
• 1 Chicken breast sliced
• 1-2 Tsp Asian Chili Garlic Sauce or Sriracha
• 1/4 Cup soy sauce
• 2 Tsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 Tsp sesame oil
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 2 Cloves garlic minced
• 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
Instructions (2 servings)
1.Prepare your vegetables and set aside.
2. Mix up the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add carrots and cook, stirring for a minute or so. Add onions and cook, stirring, until onions are soft and carrots are tender. Add green onion and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or so.
4. Take vegetables out of frying pan. Cook chicken sliced chicken breast in hot frying pan.
5. Break apart Udon noodles. Add fresh Udon noodles directly from the package to the wok and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or so. Add sauce and cook for another 30 second, stirring to combine well. Scatter baby spinach over top and cook, stirring constantly, until spinach is wilted.
6. Remove stir fry to a bowl or plate and garnish with sesame seeds, additional sliced green onion and parsley/cilantro
Nutrition Information (1 serving)
Calories: 559 kcal
Fat: 9 g
Credit to: Season and suppers retrieved from: https://www.seasonsandsuppers.ca/15-minute-spicy-udon-vegetable-stir-fry/
Nutritional tip A great recovery meal for all athletes. Eat it hot or cold!