- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups Oat Bran
- ½ cup chopped whole almonds
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced dried apricots or dates
- ¼ cup sultana raisins
- 2 tablespoons flax
- 1/3 cup molasses or maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
Makes 36 (¼ cup) servings
- In large bowl, combine oats, oat bran, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, apricots, raisins, flax, and cinnamon and salt.
- Pour molasses or syrup and applesauce over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on 2 greased or parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F, stirring every 10 minutes and rotating pans halfway through, until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.)
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER ¼ CUP SERVING)
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
Sport Benefits: Athletes can use this as a yogurt or cottage cheese topper or simply enjoy as a balanced snack on its own like a trail mix or a nutrient packed cereal served with milk as a quick pre-exercise meal that fuels!