Mentorship is a proven strategy in the recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of women in the workforce. With the support of Sport Canada funding and the federal government priority of gender equity in sport by 2035, the Coaching Association of Canada is enhancing its existing Women in Coaching program to include an Enhanced Female Mentorship program. The Enhanced Female Mentorship Program will allow CAC to expand its contribution to female high-performance coaches by enhancing the development of select female mentee coaches through the support of a distinguished female mentor.
- To support and develop high-performance female coaches within the sport community, including colleges and universities.
- Develop qualified mentors for the CAC, the NCCP partnership and the larger sport community including colleges and Universities.
- Allison McNeill, ChPC
- Brenda Willis, ChPC
- Carol Love, ChPC
- Cindy Tye
- Erin McAleenan, ChPC
- Séverine Tamborero
- Shannon Miller
Call for High-Performance Female Mentee Coaches
- Support the leadership development of selected female mentee coaches
- Build a network of female mentor and mentee coaches, and build capacity in the sport community
- Currently an active coach in a high-performance sport environment
- High-performance is inclusive of post-secondary, national or provincial level team involvement, and/or NCCP Competition-Development certified
- Minimum 5 years of coaching experience, or equivalent experience
- Currently obtain Registered Coach license and/or pursuing Chartered Professional Coach designation
- Year 1 Pilot: June 2020 – March 2021
- Regular communication and monthly meetings with assigned mentor
- Complete Professional Development Plan by July 31, 2020
- Complete Final Report by March 31, 2021
Process: Complete and submit your Mentee Application, CV and Reference Contact Information. All Mentees must meet or exceed the eligibility criteria.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by June 12, 2020.
All questions regarding the Enhanced Female Mentorship Program can be directed to Andrea Johnson, Project Coordinator, Diversity & inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.